Need a "short" list of things to do along the Grand Strand? Just print this out before you come to the Grand Strand beach. This list fits both NC and SC destinations in the Strand area. Give a "Google" to the ones that interest you for more information online –
– Go-Cart Racing – 3901 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, indoor facility. Call for hours of operation and cost – 843-916-1111.
– NASCAR Speed Park – Myrtle Beach activity. Call for details: 843-918-8725.
– Bull Island Adventure – South of Myrtle Beach. Enjoy with dolphin-watching, shelling, birding, wildlife and "Boneyard Beach."
– Brookgreen Gardens -Near Murrells Inlet, a park with animals, gardens, walking trails, art. For more information. 843-235-6049.
– Myrtle Beach Children's Museum – Hands-on exhibits. Cost is $ 7 per person; age 1 and younger free. 2501 N. Kings Highway (843) 946-9469
– IMAX 3-D Theater – Broadway at the Beach. 3-D on a screen 6 stories high. Admission is $ 12 for adults and $ 10 for children. 448-IMAX, 866-43D-IMAX.
– Laser-Tag – Myrtle Beach company features laser tag and indoor maze. For information, call 843.467.2229.
– MagiQuest – Live-action game with more than 150 wand-activated effects where players interact with videos in a three-dimensional fantasy world. For information, 913-9460 or 866-353-6244.
– Maze Mania – This 2.5 acre attraction features a wooden fence maze that changes daily and a prize for guessing the way out of the maze before time is called. Gilligan's Island Mini-Golf is adjacent. For information, 843-651-1641.
– River Excursion – City of Conway Marina, 4 Elm St., Conway, SC, features a 75-minute history and nature tour on the Waccamaw River. For more information, call 843-246-1495.
– Swamp Fox Tours – A tour of the historic district of Georgetown on the blue and white tram, including Rice Museum, Prevost Gallery in Charleston, and Mary Mann, Kirton-Hamilton, Savage-Smith and Sampson West Homes. For information, call 843-527-1112.
– Waccatee Zoological Farm – Private zoo in Socastee featuring wildlife sanctuary and 1.5 miles of trails through exotic exhibits and petting zoo. For more information, call 843-650-8500.
– Myrtle Waves Water Park – Many fun rides and water features. For more information, 843.913.9269.
– Family Kingdom Oceanfront Water Park – Myrtle Beach rides and water features. For more information 843.916.0400.
– Night Spots for Young People – Surfside Beach. Hip Hop 'N Chillin' – For children in grades 3-8. Disc jockey, karaoke, live music, located in Surfside Beach. See website for more information and pricing. For more information, 843-238-1200.
– Myrtle Beach State Park. Exploration. Picnicking. Activities. For more information, call 843.238.5325.
– Children's Museum of South Carolina. Located near the Convention Center. For more information. 843. 946.9469.
– Southport / Kure Beach Ferry, NC – Ferry rides save gasoline money. Call for times of departure. Note: The ferry is currently (December 2008) closed for repairs and has plans to reopen in the spring.
– Bald Head Island Ferry – Bald Head hosts 14 miles of beautiful unspoiled beaches, a golf course, and a marina.
– Fishing – Go fishing at The Cherry Grove Pier.
– Horse-drawn Tours of Wilmington – Narrated tours of Wilmington's historic waterfront and tree lined streets start from Water and Market Street, available April-October. $ 9 adults, $ 4 children. For more information, 910-251-8889.
– Steamboat Ride-North Water Street, Wilmington, NC. A true sternwheeler, The Henrietta cruises the Cape Fear River, docking by the Hilton. For more information call 800-676-0162 or 910-343-1611.
– Jungle Rapids – Downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, 5320 Oleander Drive, Wilmington, NC. Family entertainment – arcade, water slide, go carts, and miniature golf. For more information call 910-791-0666.
– Children's Museum in Wilmington. 1020 Market Street, Wilmington, NC. Hands-on museum for children of all ages – grocery store, pirate ship, medical center, dress up, theater, water play, and weather station. For more information call 910-254-3534.
– Fort Fisher and the NC Aquarium: Fort Fisher State Historic Site, Kure Beach, NC. For more information, 910.458.5538.
– Movie Production Studios of Wilmington: Wilmington, NC. Hollywood of the East with production companies and sound stages. 800.232.9227 or 910.343.3433. If interested in being an "extra" in a film contact Casting at 910.262.4228.
– Ingram Planetarium -The Village at Sunset Beach, NC An 85-seat domed theater and science exhibit hall. Call for hours. $ 8 for adults, $ 6 for students and seniors and $ 4 for children. 910-575-0033.