MYRTLE BEACH, S.C.
Myrtle Beach will start spraying for mosquitoes in May to control the population in the city.
If weather permits, spraying will begin May 3 and last until the fall. Spraying will usually occur between 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. from Monday through Friday. City officials said it does not affect animals nor humans.
The city also has a bee program and will avoid spraying near hives. To register any hives, call 843-918-2000.
There is no trace of the spray after 24 hours, according to the city.
- Monday – 62nd Avenue North to the northern city limits
- Tuesday – 21st Avenue North to 62nd Avenue North
- Wednesday – 3rd Avenue South/501 to 21st Avenue North
- Thursday – 17th Avenue South to 3rd Avenue South (includes Highway 15 corridor)
- Friday – 17th Avenue South to the southern city limits