Ask anyone who has visited Myrtle Beach what kind of accommodations are the best, and you'll get a variety of answers. However, more often these days you'll be directed to a condo or if the budget allows, a beachfront house. Here are the reasons you should consider a oceanfront condo or house rather than a hotel or resort.
- Hotel prices in Myrtle Beach have risen steeply over the past few seasons. Most of them are owned by corporations with a large staff on the payroll. Condos, on the other hand, are primarily privately owned and many were purchased at a deep discount, and that discount is passed on to you, the visitor.
- It's more like home. As in other beach areas, condo owners reserve several weeks for themselves and their family and friends several weeks of the year. Because of this, most of the oceanfront condos are well appointed with regard to furnishings and amenitites. Also, as a private home, most are spacious and have more than enough room for a larger family or even 2 or 3 couples.
- In Myrtle Beach, almost all condos are rented by the week (not by the night, as with hotels) and this also keeps the cost down because daily maid service is not needed. You may prefer those freshly made beds each evening in a hotel, but rest assured, it's costing you. Most condos are equipped with a washer and dryer, and keeping clean bath towels and kitchen towels is not a problem – and certainly worth the savings.
- Most Myrtle Beach condos are managed by a vacation rental company for a small fee, and most staff are natives of the area and will answer questions you may have if you are new to the area. The area is also complete with entertainment, shopping and of course, the lengendary golf. When you check in, coupon books with real discounts (no strings attached) are offered and will save you further money. You will not need to pay full price for tickets to the famous Carolina Opry, The Alabama Theater, Medieval Times and The Palace Theater, just to mention a few.
- This area of beach, commonly referred to as The Grand Strand, is home to more than 1600 restaurants, and most condos are within walking distance of at least a handful of these. Again, discount coupons are usually available at your rental office.
For many years, my family visited Myrtle Beach and we've always rented a private home or condo because of the size of our large family. For 20 years now, I have lived here, so I no longer rent places, but I do have to arrange for accommodations when family and friends visit. I always turn to the folks at Oceanfront Vacation Rentals to find the very best condos or beachfront homes. If you plan to visit anytime soon, I invite you to just click on that link and tell them I sent you.